Friday 3 July 2009

Cycling mad

On the hottest day yet where was I? Cycling out to Rutland water the hard way, there is no easy way it is all uphill, and when you are cycling back? It is all uphill as well. We really do forget the hills we have free wheeled down,
This is the dam wrongly named somewhere as the one used by "The Dam Busters" to practice on. The real one was the Eyebrook Reservoir about five mile away, and built before WWII, this one dates to the 60's?
Having arrived here I took a little run round from one side to the other, but not all the way round. Another day and a bit more fitter and it will be yes. Found myself a cup of tea but no food being a Coeliac is a bit of a bind, chips is usually my staple diet on a day out. Gluten is the problem all them lovely cakes are more or less poison to me. No chips were to be had at the cafe on a day as hot as it was, no wonder, there would not have been any demand for them. Found some chips elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment